Monday, June 29, 2009

The Best of Intentions!

Tonight will be a random post! I baked a homemade cherry pie tonight! The cherries came from the fruits and veggies I got from my last co-op trip. I'm quite proud of it, and it is delish! The crust was a little tricky, and I have to perfect the pinching action, but all in all, it's a great first attempt! Go ME! I'm becoming quite the domestic diva...designer edition of course!!! LOL!



I mentioned the co-op earlier...it's going great! Here's a pic of the last batch of goodies I got...all for $10 mind you! I was so HAPPY and impressed with the variety we got this time around.



OK-- I'm warning you now that I'm about to take a seat on my soap box! I won't be on here long, but consider yourself warned! HA!

So a couple of days ago, I was having a perfectly innocent conversation with my mother, and we of course stumbled upon the topic of me and dating, or the lack thereof. The conversation started when I told her about a friend who joined eHarmony, and how she was in her mid thirties, no man, no kids...you know the rest!

Let me give you a little background...my mother WANTS GRANDCHILDREN...NOW, and since I'm her only chance, all eyes are on ME!!! LOL! Her twin's son, my cousin Jeff has a little boy, and she forever tells me about the pics she gets of little Jackson. You can hear the longing in her voice. But what can I do? I mean, I want a family one day as well, but you know the song...first comes love, then comes marriage, THEN.....

I tell you, between my mother, and my grandmother, I'm catching it from all sides! OH, and did I mention that my dad has also joined forces for Operation GTGM (get this girl married)! OK--maybe I'm overreacting, but trust me people...I'm feeling the pressure. I don't know when, I don't know who, but I do know that I have to wait on God, and that I want Him to be the center of it all. END OF DISCUSSION!!

So, while I'm sure they have the best of intentions, really...what do they want me to do? UGH! So, if you too are on this bandwagon...send up a prayer...don't tell me..I have no control over this!

Goodnight--
J

P.S. I survived the family reunion without too many conversations about the above conversation...my favorite quote of the day was, "I just don't get it...you're beautiful...why aren't you dating?" REALLY PEOPLE?! While I agree, I can't answer that question...HA!

0 comments: