Monday, August 24, 2009

My First Day!

Ok! So today was the first day of school. Millions of students and teachers around the state of Texas eagerly entered the school building excited about a new year. I was no different. School for me starts at 7:15 a.m., so I arrived about 6:20 to get last minute things together. I was so cute this morning, not a hair out of place, make-up laid...you know me, but at the end of it all...it didn't matter a bit! When

I stepped into my classroom, I immediately realized that I HAD NO AIR!!! No big deal, I thought...they'll get it fixed before school starts. Could I be any more wrong? Guys....please close your eyes and feel me on this...a 97 degree classroom for the entire day! My kids were irritable to say the least. I mean, they really tried to make the best of a horrible situation, but bless their hearts, they were miserable.

I was miserable, but I'm the teacher, so I had to put on a happy face! I'm telling you, by 2nd period, my hair was in a ponytail, and I seriously thought I was going to pass out...HORRIBLE!!! I predicted in 2nd period that the air would kick back on at 2:00, and sure enough, at 2:05, we had air...school gets out at 2:30...HA! Overall, the day was good, but I can't wait to see my kids tomorrow, so that I can meet the 'real' them. Here's some funny for you: I have a child named Shampaigne (pronounced Champagne), a white boy named James Earl Jones Jr., and the cherry on top is my little class entertainer named MISTER! YES! I wrote that correctly! Mister is his first name!

What ever will we do when we complete the assignment on the origin of our names...? I'll keep you posted! Goodnight bloggers...I AM BEYOND TIRED!! I can't even think straight...for real guys! Oh, but before I go, here are some pics of my place...



And finally, the reason why I love this baby!...

0 comments: