Monday, March 15, 2010

The Weight is Over!

Over the last few months, I've gotten quite a few questions about the weight that I have lost. How? How much? What did you do, etc?! I even mentioned a few weeks ago that I would do this post, so here goes everything!!!

My serious weight loss started two summers ago. I hired a professional trainer and worked out with him four days a week for one hour. It.was.brutal!!! The things that he made me do, I thought that I'd never be able to do them, but I did! Now... I'm a teacher, so I had the time to dedicate to working out. That summer, my schedule was meet with him in the mornings, and I worked out alone in the evenings. I would go walking...however, not just a leisure walk. My parent's house is situated in a neighborhood with huge hills. I would walk those hills with a vengeance. Of course, I ate only fruits and veggies, no sodas, fried foods only once a week, and I limited my sugar intake.

Breakfast would consist of fresh fruit and one cup of oatmeal. Lunch I almost always had a Lean Cuisine, and a salad, and dinner varied every night.

I have to say that the biggest factor for me was my mind. I had yo-yo'd with my weight for years, and I was really tired of it. I wanted something that would change my thoughts so I knew my results wouldn't happen overnight. With that said, a big thing for me was making up my mind.

I drank water all of the time. I also started taking a multi-vitamin.

Today, I have a gym membership, and even if I don't make it to the gym, I try to work out at least 3-4 times a week.

Meal portions are important too. I almost always have leftovers while eating out. When you are full STOP EATING!!! And, as silly as this sounds, snack all of the time. I still don't do a good job at breakfast...normally just coffee, but I snack all day. I buy various 100 calorie packs and have a snack between breakfast and lunch, and one between lunch and dinner.

It's important to stay away from fad diets and do it the old fashioned way....because of this I don't fluctuate like I used to.

I'm still not 100% where I want to be, but I feel good about myself now. One of the things I hated was that I lost my confidence. I didn't feel hood about myself, especially how I looked, and I'm normally someone with lots of confidence, so I had to do something!

I hope this helps...I'll post pictures of the journey...I'm posting from my phone!

Later gators!


1 comments:

The Ross' said...

YOU ROCK J!!! You do look fab I must say!! So proud of you. Keep it up!!